Some of Angela Renee’s earliest memories are of creating drawings for art shows. She majored in painting in college and used photography as a base for the art (painting from photos), which eventually led her toward the moving image and video portraits. A friend asked Angela to video her wedding, where she met a photographer and decided she might like to give that a try.
Video essentially became the gateway to photography. Angela second shot with a number of photographers to learn her style, and she’s been shooting on her own for about two years now.
A few topics from today’s show:
- Selecting the equipment and gear load that works for you (both technically and for lugging around)
- Carrying backups
- Letting go, outsourcing and work life balance
- Creating a schedule for yourself
- Building a business as a new photographer
- Showing the work you want to make
- Ask clients how they found you and what made them want to meet with you
- Facebook marketing
- Determining who your ideal client is
- Zach Arias
- Digital Wedding Forum
- Creative Live
- Tangents (Lighting) with Neil van Niekerk
- MJ Studio Solutions (color correction outsourcing)
Check out some of Angela’s gorgeous work below, and be sure to check out her blog to see more.