David and Cathy Bock are an award winning husband and wife photography team. Both studied graphic design in college (with a few photography classes here and there for fun), and both pursued graphic design full time after graduation.
Their first exposure to wedding photography was during their own wedding. They saw how much fun their photographers, Bobbi and Mike, were having at their wedding, and they became inspired to pursue photography as a career themselves. They’ve been running their photography business for four years now.
“The only experience we had for wedding photography was watching Bobbi and Mike at our wedding…looking back at it, I wish I would have done some more second shooting…”
A few topics from David’s interview:
- Going for it—after Cathy quit her day job, the duo booked five weddings that week
- Learning the technical side of photography through workshops
- Calling and connecting with other photographers
- Getting referrals
- Investing in resources that will improve your workflow (time is money)
- Using Google voice to set up better work life balance
- Transitioning your photography business from one location to another
More pretty photos from Cathy and David coming soon.